You have to move to a new house or flat? You can quickly panic and forget something!
Here are some key points of the checklist for a move:
- Signing the lease of the new apartment (and making sure that the landlord has also drawn against effective tenancy agreement)
- cancel old apartment (by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt)
- It is best to inform of your moving the landlord in advance (optional)
- If you would like to have compensation payments for kitchen or installations, you should announce this urgently before
- Clarify renovation conditions with landlord (so that there are no surprises during the transfer)
- Organize relocation with moving company
- Commission service providers or obtain offers
- Or organize the moving yourself (with friends, acquaintances, family for a specific time)
- Pack boxes
- Clear the basement (and other things too?). There are Facebook groups to give or sell for your home and surroundings.
- Schedule renovations with craftsmen or create a timetable for the work, if you do it yourself – maybe even submit a holiday?
- Make a holiday request for moving day(s)
- Reading of your meter readings (gas, electricity)
- Unsubscribe from gas, electricity and water suppliers
- Re-registration of Telekom and Internet
- Registration at the old / new place of residence
- Registration of utility service providers at the new place of residence
- Change your address at the local post-office
- Take measurements from your new rooms
- Take care of your kids – organize school records
On the whole so much work!
With the checklist of Excel templates you should always have the overview and forget nothing!
Preview of your moving checklist with excel
Free download of the moving checklist excel sheet
As usual, these templates are available as xlsx and xltx files as well as zip.
For those who do not want to work with Excel, there is still a PDF to download. This can be opened with the Acrobat Reader and conveniently printed.
If you like my templates, I’m looking forward to a little donation 🙂
- Moving-checklist as excel file (.xlsx)
- Moving-checklist as excel template file (.xltx)
- Moving-checklist as PDF
- Moving-checklist as Zip (all files)
Other checklists for moving I found
If you’re looking for a moving guide to internet and staying connected, please have a look here.